Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Fiscal Year Calculation

Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to have my fiscal year and budget year fields auto-populate based on the date the document is opened. My fiscal year runs from July through June.

Therefore...

If I open the document between July 1, 2018 and June 30, 2019 = FY 18-19 = BY 19

If I open the document between July 1, 2019 and June 30, 2020 = FY 19-20 = BY 20

etc.

I would like for the fiscal years and budget years scripts not be "hard wired", i.e. that the script be able to live on without having to adapt it.

My feeble attempt thus far for budget year:

Created document level scripts that return today's date as two hidden fields: mm and yyyy

I am trying to create a calculation in the budget year field that if the mm field falls between 07 and 12, then returns yyyy+1 field. If mm falls between 01 and 06, it returns yyyy.

I know there must be a much better way but this is my current idea.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your way is fine, and probably the only way possible. If it's not working please post your code.

There's no need to write the values to fields, though. You can keep it saved in a variable in your code and just write out the final result to the Fiscal Year field.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In case it can help someone else, here is the script I added to the calculation script of the field I wanted populated. Let me know if there is an easier way of doing this:

// Get the value of the month and year
var v1 = util.printd("mm",new Date())
var v2 = util.printd("yyyy",new Date())
var v3 = Number(util.printd("yyyy",new Date()))+1

//Set this field's value based on values above
if(v1<=06){
  event.value = v2;
}else{
  event.value = v3

}

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines