Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flickering Roll-over buttons – Interactive PDF

New Here ,
May 06, 2016 May 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

This is a fairly straight forward question, I've done a load of research into it with nothing concrete on why, or how to fix the problem.

So, I'm creating an interactive PDF doc, and I'm using 'buttons' to create roll-over states that reveal an image when the cursor rolls over a certain element. (I have attached the doc in question to show what I mean). This seems to work, however on my machine the roll-over effect seems to flicker in and out as you move the cursor. It does not hold where it should. I have tried testing out on another laptop (a windows machine this time) and it still has the same problem.

Is there something I am doing wrong in terms of structuring the buttons etc...?

Thanks so much for your help!

Lisle

test.pdf - Google Drive

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever solve this problem? I've got the same problem and have found no way of solving the issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi!

I see that this thread has been quiet for a long time, but I've been dealing with interactive pdf flickering too, and have seen or talked to others with the same problem. I've noticed that for whatever reason, adobe's backend can't render either high quality images, or a large number of images without causing flickering. I found the solution to be exporting on much lower settings: <144 DPI and jpeg output of medium or less. This isn't the right answer, it's something Adobe needs to address on their backend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines