• Global community
    • Language:
      • Deutsch
      • English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

function bookmrk.GetByTitle stoped working as it should

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

function bookmrk.GetByTitle stoped working as it should. It worked properly early. We tried to reinstall then Acrobat, but it didn't help.

Here is VBScript

Set MainPartDocument = CreateObject("AcroExch.PDDoc")

MainPartDocument.Open("C:\1\1.pdf")

Set bookmrk = CreateObject("AcroExch.PDBookmark")

'on the next line function returns False, although the "bookmark" exists. Why?
res = bookmrk.GetByTitle(MainPartDocument, "bookmark")

msgbox res
if res then
msgbox "bookmrk exists " & bookmrk.GetTitle
end if

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

100

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

 

Have you checked using bookmrk.IsValid() ?

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it returns False expectably, because GetByTitle actually can't get the bookmark. It looks like a bug. The problem was solved by installing Acrobat Reader on the PC additionally to Acrobat Pro. We noticed, that the problem reproduced only on PC's with Pro version only.

What dll responsible for GetByTitle function?

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

 

That is weird as the GetByTitle method is not available in Adobe Reader, so yeah it looks like there is a bug.

 

Acrobat bug reports should be made here: https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've regisrted the bug. Thanks.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines