Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Guidance Setting Up Visual Studio 2019 CS Environment

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I've been trying to figure out a way to render multiple PDFs within a WinForm using Visual CS and Visual Studio 2019. Namely I'm looking to provide a solution to search through PDFs and display locations of these search patterns side-by-side.

I've currently been able to display PDFs through a WebBrowser object, which isn't directly supported by Acrobat based on the 1st URL below. This is when I stumbled across mention about the SDK and started reading into the documentation, which is the 2nd URL below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/using-acropdf-dll-within-microsoft.html

https://help.adobe.com/en_US/acrobat/acrobat_dc_sdk/2015/HTMLHelp/

Currently, I haven't been able to find any documentation explaining the DLLs I need to reference within my solution. I've stumbled arcoss this 'AcroPDFLib' file found in the 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX' folder, but it doesn't seem to to have all the method calls explained in the IAC section of the documentation.

I should also mention I'm looking to control Adobe Reader DC and I do not have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. Are the libraries I need to use located somewhere else on my system, or do I need a copy of Pro to obtain these?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What parts of IAC want you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bernd,

I'm not exactly sure what I would specifically need, but I believe it might involved AVDoc, PDDoc, and/or PDPage objects. I'm still reading in on the documenations trying to get an understanding of the underlining API.

I'm looking for a way to automate looking for search patterns and controlling the render view of PDFs, but through a WinForm as the container.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For this you need an installation of Acrobat Standard or Acrobat Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bernd,

I might be mistaken on what I needed. I ran into a stack overflow post talking about using the 'Adobe Reader ActiveX' control and adding it to the WinForm.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2220134/displaying-a-pdf-file-from-winform

This might be what I'm after, and I have been able to render a file using this snippit of code. I'm still looking into it, but I might only need to use the AxAcroPDF portion of the IAC. It looks like there is references to two DLL files that a project needs to implement:

- AxInterop.AcroPDFLib.dll

- Interop.AcroPDFLib.dll

I'm fortunite enough that someone in my company has already implemented a program which includes theses files, but would you know where I can locate them? Are they located in the Adobe Reader DC install directory, or downloaded from a web page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

May be the files are part of the Acrobat Reader installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines