• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Have multi page document and need to delete every other page. Document to big to delete each page seperately.

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2016 Aug 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a multi page document (1,000's of pages) and need to delete every other page.  I can't figure out how to do this & I know it's doable.  I just don't have the time to delete this one page at a time.  Please help.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 27, 2016 Aug 27, 2016

If you have Adobe Acrobat DC Pro, you can create a custom command using the following JavaScript code to delete all even numbered pages:

// process document from the last page to the first page

for (var i = this.numPages-1; i>=0; i--) {

if (i % 2) { // this will delete all even numbered pages

this.deletePages(i);

}

}

To learn about how you can create a custom command, follow the steps here: Create Custom Commands in Adobe Acrobat DC Pro - KHKonsulting LLC

If you want to delete all odd nu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2016 Aug 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What pages want you delete?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 27, 2016 Aug 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the page panel and select the pages that you want to delete it.. and press delete to the pages or click on deleted icon..

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's exactly what they don't want to do...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have Adobe Acrobat DC Pro, you can create a custom command using the following JavaScript code to delete all even numbered pages:

// process document from the last page to the first page

for (var i = this.numPages-1; i>=0; i--) {

if (i % 2) { // this will delete all even numbered pages

this.deletePages(i);

}

}

To learn about how you can create a custom command, follow the steps here: Create Custom Commands in Adobe Acrobat DC Pro - KHKonsulting LLC

If you want to delete all odd numbered pages, just change line #3 to this:

if (!(i % 2)) { // this will delete all odd numbered pages

If you are using an earlier version of Acrobat Pro, you can use an Action to accomplish the same. If you are using Adobe Acrobat Standard, you don't have access to the action wizard or custom commands, and you would have to write a folder level script to create a new menu item that can delete odd or even numbered pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to rotate every odd page to the right and every even page to the left, in a massive document...is there a way to select every other for both odd and even pages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aactually, nevermind. I figured out a different way to have the document scanned in

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Karl. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines