• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hello,Need help with Javascript to create a print button that uses automaticaly PDFcreator

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I need to add on my fillable PDF form a printing button that would automaticaly print the file with PDFcreator. I'm using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

I know how to create and run the button on Adobe, but I'm new to Javascript coding.

Can someone help me with the code?

Thank you

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Then they should digitally sign it. It's a trivial matter to edit any PDF, even if was "flattened" by sending it to a PDF printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably don't want to print to PDF. I imagine you just want to flatten the form so it isn't fillable? There's one line that will do that, without the terrible consequences of printing PDF to PDF, which is considered evil as evil can be. Bear in mind NONE of these will work for your end users with free software only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

What I need is that my client, who fills the questionnaire, only send me a visual of the form when he's finished completing the text fields. So, there would be no way for me or anyone to modify the information (by mistake or not) upon reception. It's kind of a legal matter.

I'm thinking of a "Submit a form", a "Print" or a "Save as" button, with some script in it that would save the visual only.

Can you help?

Thank you again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then they should digitally sign it. It's a trivial matter to edit any PDF, even if was "flattened" by sending it to a PDF printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines