• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I set a destination in a PDF using acrobat DC, so I can link from a webpage to a particular location in the document?

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2016 Mar 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In previous versions of Acrobat, I thought you could set a destination in a pdf and then call it from a webpage to open the document and go directly to the page. I cannot find how to do it using Acrobat DC.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

PS. You should not expect linking to a NamedDest to work in most cases, though. It only works when the Adobe plugin is used and the file is opened inside the browser window, which is a very rare occurrence now with all of the built-in PDF plugins that most browsers use.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone?  Are they just calling it something different?  Where are named destinations?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the same as before. You can add new Named Destinations using the Destinations panel on the left hand side.

You can display it via View - Show/Hide - Navigation Panes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS. You should not expect linking to a NamedDest to work in most cases, though. It only works when the Adobe plugin is used and the file is opened inside the browser window, which is a very rare occurrence now with all of the built-in PDF plugins that most browsers use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. Developer and have not used previous versions.  Client has document with 100s of named destinations and that many documents referencing them...sooooo... not gonna change anytime soon.  I have noticed the lack of support for named destination across platforms ( Android and IOS ) by Adobe.  I was fortunate enough to find a third party viewer that works and could easily be replaced if Adobe decides to support their own technology.  Support for a single desktop browser in a world of tablets seems a bit myopic.  ( Note hint of dispair and disappointment. ) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Named Destinations are not something that is called something different on the UI. See here for a tutorial about using Named Destinations (in an older version of Acrobat): https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/choose_your_destination

In Acrobat DC, you would still use View>Show/Hide>Navigation Panes>Destinations 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I save a file in HTML filtred from a docx Microsoft Word 2013 then I put it on my web site. Using the feature "Create a PDF from a URL" I obtain a PDF that have the anchors (or internal links). They works better than Word itself. The PDF document has the "internal" links (the same links in docx) BUT they have a destination explained in a very cryptic way AND I do not still know how to set it in a modified PDF document standing alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines