• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you change the default color of the typewriter (now Add Text Tool) in Acrobat DC

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2016 Feb 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want it to default to Red instead of Black like it used to in Acrobat X.  Also the font keeps changing size when I click to start entering text.  Is there a way to keep it to the size and style I want?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 02, 2016 Jun 02, 2016

The "Add Text" tool (Tools>Edit PDF>Add Text) is not the same as the typewriter tool in Acrobat X. It's the same tool as the Tools>Edit Text&Obects>Edit Document Text while holding down the Ctrl or Option key. It will create static PDF text, whereas the typewriter tool created a text annotation. You can do that by selecting Tools>Comment>Text. This will allow you to save the settings you applied to one text annotation as the default for all text annotations you create from now on. To do that, se

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2016 Feb 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nycpa‌,

Once you select "Add text" tool in Edit PDF, you get the "Format" option on tool pane at right.

There you can find option to change size, style and square black box to change color .

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2016 Jun 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meenakshi,

You did not answer the question.  Yes the options do come up in the tool pane on the right.  However like nycpa I want to change the default settings and not have to select each option EVERY time I want to add text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you make the changes to the text you added select it using the Select Object tool, right-click it, select Properties and then tick the "Make Properties Default" box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Add Text" tool (Tools>Edit PDF>Add Text) is not the same as the typewriter tool in Acrobat X. It's the same tool as the Tools>Edit Text&Obects>Edit Document Text while holding down the Ctrl or Option key. It will create static PDF text, whereas the typewriter tool created a text annotation. You can do that by selecting Tools>Comment>Text. This will allow you to save the settings you applied to one text annotation as the default for all text annotations you create from now on. To do that, select the annotation in the list of annotations and right-click on it, then select "Properties" from the menu:

2016-06-02_10-55-59.png

On the dialog that pops up, select to make the current properties the default:

2016-06-02_10-56-11.png

When you now create new text annotations, they will use the color and font/font size that you specified as the default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2016 Jun 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Karl, it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2016 Jun 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Karl,

Thanks that is what I was looking for!  I knew the options had to be in there someplace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have found the easiest way is to Size/Color format the text in Word. Copy that text into an existing text box and it usually carries that formatting. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines