Hello, I wonder, if there is any method to show the exception message if plug in didn't load ?
The obvious response, a plug-in didn't load, it can't run anything or cause any message.... but maybe it part-loaded.
Exactly what failure are you seeing in plug-in load?
I have the following problem, after building my sdk plugin with Xcode , and adding it to the right folder , adobe acrobat doesn't load it , or loads it but doesn't show plugin custom menu. And I wonder , how can I display some message to user , that will help to know , if it part-loaded or maybe it didnt load at all.
Copy link to clipboard
You need to debug the problem, you can't issue a message when you aren't loaded. You could issue a message (not using Acrobat methods) from your PluginMain to show the initial load, but that would be unhelpful in a live product.
If your plug-in isn't loading check the Console, you might be lucky. Usually not. This is one of the most annoying parts of getting started with plug-in programming. Other things to check include:
- building with the right SDK - no use using the DC SDK to make a plug-in for Acrobat 11 or vice versa.
- do not use Acrobat Reader. Use Acrobat Pro only.
- Only Certified Plug-ins option must be OFF
- Don't create your own project, use a sample project as a model or you'll never get it right
- Build and test sample plug-ins.
- Plugins only add menu items if you add code to do this - none are automatic.