• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create a 3d pdf with Acrobat XI Standard?

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2016 Jul 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there!

Could someone please tell me how to create a 3d-pdf with Acrobat XI Standard? What do I have to do?

Every answer is welcome!

Thanks ...

Christa.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2016 Jul 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christa,

Jordan from Tetra4D here. We are the exclusive providers of native 3D PDF technology to Adobe and offer a plugin for Acrobat XI/DC Pro that allows you to create 3D PDFs from over 20 native CAD formats. This is however a plugin only to Acrobat Pro, not Standard. We offer a discounted Upgrade Bundle that includes Tetra4D Converter and the latest Acrobat Pro from Adobe.

You can find out more information and begin a free trial for any of our software including Acrobat Pro at: www.tetra4d.com.

Also, feel free to reach out with any questions.

Thanks,

Jordan

jordan@tetra4d.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2016 Jul 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer, Jordan!

But generally, is there a possibility to create 3d pdfs with Acrobat Standard?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2016 Jul 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My pleasure Christa. Our product is only compatible with Acrobat Pro and I am not aware of any other plugins to any version of Acrobat which will convert native CAD data to 3D PDF.

Happy to answer any other questions!

Jordan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2016 Jul 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christa,

I don't think that there are plug-ins for Acrobat Standard that can convert CAD files to 3D PDF. But, if you don't want to get Acrobat Pro, Datakit provides a standalone converter that can convert most CAD formats to 3DPDF: CrossManager​. It don't need any third party software to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2016 Jul 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jordan and Felix!

I will have a deeper look at crossmanager, but at the moment, I think this programm contains too much posibilities for my applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2016 Jul 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, you need to know that you don't have to buy all the inputs & outputs formats of CrossManager: you can get only the options that you are interested in.

In your case, you will just need to get the 3D PDF output, and the CAD input formats that you need to convert to 3D PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2016 Jul 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Felix,

thanks for your helpful answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can create a 3D PDF with just Adobe software providing you have a 3D file ready. Adding 3D models to PDFs (Acrobat Pro DC)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines