Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create a Radial Context Menu? [Acrobat Pro DC]

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi experts,

I was wondering if it is possible to create a radial context menu using the Acrobat API/SDK. I have made a COM based program that talks with MS-Office (MFC/ATL) in C++ but now I need to integrate with Acrobat DC and the AVMenu is not what I am looking for. I have checked the examples and I could not find nothing but these examples AVAppRegisterForContextMenuSnip and ExternalWindows. Could you give some ideas or examples of how I can achive this? 

The radial context menu should appear as soon as I hightlight something (like the quick action menu). Here a mockup:

Febo5C45_0-1606798272731.png

Thank you!

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I highly doubt it. For starters, all menus, fields, links, etc. in Acrobat files are rectangular.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi try67,

Yes, as you pointed out Acrobat is quite limited when it comes to customize GUI. Therefore, I was thinking of create a radial menu in WinForms, WPF or JS (which could be advantageous because I know that Acrobat has a built-in JavaScript compiler). So I have already written the radial menu in JS tested in Chrome but now I'm facing these problems:

1. Is the JS compiler of Acrobat powerfull enough to render my radial menu or what considerations I should have? 

2. The JS code should be part of the add-in (C++), but not as an embeded JS code within the PDFs.

3. If the point 1 is possible, how to call the JS code once I highlight a text? I have the JS code of the radial menu and I have the highlight routine in C++, I need to integrate them.

Please, some help and I'm sorry for the silly questions... I'm a newbie.

Febo5C45_0-1606875116648.png

Thank you.

Febo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think you'll be able to use this JS code in Acrobat. It only shares the core JS syntax with web-based JS.

As to executing it via C++, I can't help you with that, either...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines