• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to duplicate a field *with its actions* across pages?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a field with JavaScript actions. When I "duplicate it across pages" the field is duplicated, but the duplicates have no actions.

If I could make the duplicates read-only, that would be fine, but that property would then apply to the original field, which is not fine.

I guess I can add actions to the duplicates but there's a lot of them. And maybe I can't, anyway. Haven't tried!

Any suggestions or comments? Thanks!

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

In fact, I discovered that I had multiple copies of the field on top of one another. No wonder I was getting mixed results. Doh.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange. As far as I know, and from my experience, it does copy the actions with the field. In fact, most actions can't be applied to just one field in a group, so it's even more strange...

What kind of field is it, what kind of actions, and what's your version of Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. It is a text field I am duplicating, not a button — I have read that buttons do copy their actions. I'm using the "duplicate across pages" function.

The actions are to protect the field from unauthorised changes:

On focus: copy the content to a hidden field.

On blur: if a certain password field is present, do nothing,

but if the password is not present, restore the value from the hidden field.

The problem is that the duplicated fields do not have the actions so they are not protected from change.

I'm using Acrobat Pro DC on continuous release, version 2019.008.20071. The box says:

Architecture: x86_64

Build: 19.8.20071.303822

AGM: 4.30.80

CoolType: 5.14.5

JP2K: 1.2.2.41572

What the actual version number is, I have no idea, but I guess it's in there somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe it's a bug in your version, then. I tried it in Acrobat Pro XI and it works fine.

You can find the exact version number under Help - About Adobe Acrobat, by the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update Adobe Acrobat DC. No problem with version 2019.008.20080.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. When I do "Check for updates" it says I'm already up to date. Perhaps it's a Mac/Win thing.

HOWEVER! There is a development. On checking some of the text fields, it seems that the actions have been copied. So maybe this is an artefact that has been caused by my development style. I first duplicated only a couple of times as I was testing the scripts, and perhaps I have an old copy of the field.

I think I need to investigate further and meantime mark this question as "destroyed."

Thanks to all for the discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In fact, I discovered that I had multiple copies of the field on top of one another. No wonder I was getting mixed results. Doh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines