• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to embed 3D models into PDF using JavaScript?

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to embed 3D models into the same field(3D annotation), wich means the model tree can display a series of meshes. I have read the Sdk document four days. But I can't find the API to creat a 3D annotation or embed a series of 3D meshes into PDF.

Could anyone know it? I need your help!!

Thomas Gan

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

I don't believe a script can do that, although I'm not too familiar with Acrobat's 3D functionalities, but from the documentation of the JS API it doesn't seem it can add a 3DAnnot object, only access an existing one.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged , Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

I read the sdk document as well.

You couldn't find the API to embed a series of 3D meshes into the pDF because there is no API that can do that.

The only thing is that you can access the already existing but cannot create one.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe a script can do that, although I'm not too familiar with Acrobat's 3D functionalities, but from the documentation of the JS API it doesn't seem it can add a 3DAnnot object, only access an existing one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply!!! That’s not a good news. Do you know if there are other ways that can embed a series of 3D meshes in a same field? I want to use the buttons to control the render modes of different parts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read the sdk document as well.

You couldn't find the API to embed a series of 3D meshes into the pDF because there is no API that can do that.

The only thing is that you can access the already existing but cannot create one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply!!!Do you know is there any other methods to embed the .u3d files into a PDF with any other languages?^ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't. PDF 3D scripting is a very niche market.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(this was meant to be a reply to the reply above, not this one...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much!!~I really don't konw how the other softwares achieve this goal...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines