• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Hide a Page in Adobe until a Button is Clicked that will unhide it.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking to find a way to have multiple pages in adobe that are all hidden by default, until the user of the form will click a button, or select an item from a drop down menu, that will unhide the respective page that they need. 

example, 

I am creating a tool that has about 4 or 5 different checklists, but i do not want all of them to show up at the same time when opening the document. instead i have a master sheet where the user will select which type of chechlist they need to fill out. 
once they select the type of checklist they want, i am hoping that adobe can show the selected checklist on the next page. 

if possible can you assist me with the appropriate java scripting for the use of a "List" in adobe that will unhide the relevant pages based on the selection. 

also i am new to adobe so if pages need to be hidden can you assist me with the scripting to that as well.

for your reference, 

the checklists that need to be hidden/revealed are"

Personal Checklist

Credit Checklist

Investment Checklist

Business Checklist

thank you

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can be done using Templates. In what application is the file going to be used, though?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it would be used in reader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, that makes things a bit more complicated, then.

Do these pages contain form fields?

Do you have Acrobat, by the way? If so, which version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes the pages contain form fields.

yes i do have acrobat. i have acrobat pro DC , which is the version that i will be creating the PDF on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make all "variable" pages as hidden templates, then you will be able to spawn and to delete them with Acrobat Reader (version DC or XI).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there a way to have them spawn and be deleted based on the click of a button, or based on when an item is selected from a drop down menu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but you're going to get into issues with duplicate field names if you don't delete all the spawned pages each time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i dont think there would be duplicate field names becuase each field on each of the different checklists have completely different names. i did this becuase currently they are all  in the same PDF so if there were duplicated field names then it would mess up the current PDF. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The duplicate fields names will appear once you spawn pages, delete some of them, and then spawn them again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I have the same problem now. I read the community but I did not find a concrete answer for that. Has anyone a solution for that?

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines