how to implement select area like rectangluar selection in pdf page .
[Question moved by moderator]
Try the forum for Acrobat SDK.
Well, there are two parts to this.
1. Implement dragging out a rectangle - typically when your AVTool is selected.
2. Do something with the selection information.
There are many possibilities for 2 so let's start there as they range from simple to impossible, for example
- report the size of the selected area in inches - simple
- extract the text in the selected area - complex, as you have to iterate all text and see which of it lies inside the area (and decide what to do about half-characters and half-words).
- use it as a selection in another Acrobat tool like prepare forms (impossible).
I tried, but i didn't crack this answer.
Please help which function will work for rectangle area selection.
I've never done it, but I'd set up an AVTool that responds to mouse clicks and uses AVPageViewDragOutNewRect. You can also use platform SDK (Windows or Mac) to do the selection once your AVTool has received a click.