• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make custom pdf viewer in my website?

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2019 Feb 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read the SDK Help where I found that I can view and modify pdf files in a custom pdf viewer which I need to create on my website using javaScript, but I really can't find any complete example to show me how?

what I need is to make custom viewer

may be I will need to merge of split some pdf files

I found SDK articles like this one Acrobat DC SDK Documentation ..

I need to really implement my own pdf viewer in my website.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 24, 2019 Feb 24, 2019

But wait, there's more! Adobe DO make a library that can be licensed for bundling and server use, this is not included with Acrobat (though it shares technology with Acrobat). It's called the Adobe PDF Library. It is not JavaScript, but while it is mainly C++ based, apparently it also has a .Net and a Java interface. Price is by negotiation and is likely to include an initial fee, annual fee and/or royalties. Adobe make it but DataLogics handle licensing. https://www.datalogics.com/products/pdf/pdflibrary/

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2019 Feb 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell me if I am asking a strange question, or about something cannot be done using the acrobat sdk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2019 Feb 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand what you want to do. You put a link to a PDF on your web site, and people view it, using their familiar software. This happens without programming.

What you can't do

- host Acrobat on your web server for other people to edit PDFs

- invoke the user's Acrobat to edit PDFs in a browser

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure you know pdf.js.. what i am thinking about is for sure pdf.js is using some api which is provided by acrobat. I need to make something mostly similar, so i read all about acrobat sdk and i found it saying what i need which is using javaScript i can manipulate a pdf file i upload to my site and also display it inside a custom view of my design.

The problem is acrobat sdk help doesn't provide practical examples for how to do that.

Appreciatye your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pdf.js is not from Adobe:

PDF.js

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know PDF.js is not from Adobe, i was giving an example to something close to what i am trying to develop inside my site

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PDF.js doesn't use a API from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea what pdf.js is, sorry. I guess it's something server side. But Acrobat certainly cannot be used to provide any web service because it cannot be installed on a web server. Not technically and not legally. Game over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But wait, there's more! Adobe DO make a library that can be licensed for bundling and server use, this is not included with Acrobat (though it shares technology with Acrobat). It's called the Adobe PDF Library. It is not JavaScript, but while it is mainly C++ based, apparently it also has a .Net and a Java interface. Price is by negotiation and is likely to include an initial fee, annual fee and/or royalties. Adobe make it but DataLogics handle licensing. https://www.datalogics.com/products/pdf/pdflibrary/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines