• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to permanently delete cropped areas in acrobat

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking for a way to permanently delete the cropped area in acrobat (batch).

I have a 7 paged document which is cropped into 7 different sizes (news paper adds). I have a batch which does this perfectly, the problem is that each page can be quite big, as all the cropped elements remains in each page. I know I manually can remove these elements, open the pdf in illustrator and remove it or flatten it, but this is not an option.

I have tried using "Remove hidden information", but this removes transparency as well. If I uncheck "deleted or cropped content" there's no transparency error, but the file size won't change much (stay too big). I have tried "preflight fixup" that removes cropped areas, it removes the cropped ares all right but the file size remains unchanged.

I have found a javascript which was supposed to removed the cropped areas, but it does'nt work (probably my fault. I don't speak java, I only fake it!). Can somebody help me solving this problem?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

In the above you mention that you have tried a "Preflight fixup" that removes the cropped areas and that works but it doesn't reduce the file size, Can I check that you called a "Save As" on the document after that process?

The reason I ask is that "Save" in most PDF viewers just does and incremental save and therefore the file size does not actually get any smaller,, it just removes the references to the objects, not the objects themselves, if you do a "Save As" this will  force the PDF to be rebuilt and should remove any objects that are not needed anymore.

Hope this helps

Malcolm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines