• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to put data into a fillable PDF form and export it?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've asked a similar question before: How to use external data to fill in an existing PDF form in JavaScript?

Also, I learned these two links as references:

Batch-Import Excel Data into PDF Forms - KHKonsulting LLC

Batch-Import List Data into PDF Form - KHKonsulting LLC

But I still have some questions because I don't have JavaScript experience before, still a beginner now. Any help and suggestions are appreciated.

What I would like to do is put the "username" and "age" to a fillable pdf form. I've already written some JS script.

==========================================================

var userInfo = {                                               // data source
   userOne: {

name : "Max M",
   userTwo: {

name: 'Louise H',
   }

}

function getUserInfo(id, key) {                    // get data
   return userInfo[id][key];
}

class User {                                               // create a class to store data
   constructor (id) {

this.userData = {};
   var requiredList = ['name', 'age'];           // can be added
   requiredList.forEach((key)=>{

this.userData[key] = getUserInfo(id, key);
   });
   }

}

function getAllInfo(id) {                                // return the data
   var user = new User(id);
   return user.userData;
}

=======================================================

The PDF form is like:

What I don't know are :

1. how to import a pdf in this code

2. export this pdf after filling that data above

Thank you so much for any help!

Changjian

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Test Screen Name,

Thank you for your reply. You really gave me lots of hints and methods of what I need to do. After confirming with my supervisor,  my task is to write a piece of code to populate an existed PDF form with data. No matter on a server or not. It can be done on a local desktop or on a web page. So I decided to implement this via acrobat API(local process). Thank you for helping me.

Changjian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok - Let's start over. First, forget about using the code you already have. While it is JavaScript, it isn't JavaScript that is written for Acrobat or Reader. Please describe exactly what you want to do. Be specific. Where is the PDF? Where is the data? How do you expect the PDF to communicate to where the data exists? Is this something you run yourself or will your users (known or unknown) filling the PDF or causing it to be filled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joel_Geraci,

Thank you for your reply.

What I need to do is to write a piece of code to populate an existed PDF form with data. No matter on a server or not. It can be done on a local desktop if I use Acrobat API. The PDF form and the data are both already hone in my desktop. I need to put the data into PDF form programmatically. So I am trying to implement it by using Acrobat API. Sometimes I got confused because I am still a beginner level of coding. I will continue learning it.

Changjian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok - What format is the data in? Can it be put into Excel? If so, your task is fairly simple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines