• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to send the entire PDF file as an email attachment using JavaScript button.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I send the entire PDF file (created on Adobe Acrobat DC Pro) as an email attachment using JavaScript button (send to e-mail). I have to use e-mail in @Hotmail.com.

Kind regards

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are various ways to do it. The simplest is by using this code:

this.mailDoc({cTo: "Chemtoli007@hotmail.com"});

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dear try67,

I've just tried but acrobat says "We are to create a message in the designated drafts folder of "myemai@hotmail.com" account. Do you want to continue.

After I clicked "YES" I didn't receive any email.

Please what can I do.

Kind regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The email will not be sent automatically. You have to actually click the Send button...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have clicked on Send button but as i said We are to create a message in the designated drafts folder of "myemai@hotmail.com" account. Do you want to continue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean... When you click the button in the PDF it will create a new email draft.
When you click the Send button in your email client/website that draft will be sent and moved from the Drafts folder to the Sent folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tyr67,

I've just send to you PDF file with JavaScript button, could you please check it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file is fine. The issue is I'm not understanding what you want to happen once the submit button is clicked...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear try67,

All what i want is when I click on Send to e-mail button the PDF file should be sent to email address in hotmail.com.

Just e few seconds ago I've tried to send on gmail address it worked fine but when it comes to hotmail.com doesn't work. Please should a make any other configuration in order to fix this problem or what are suggest me. I need to work in hotmail.com. I don't use email softwares like Outlook something like that.

Thank you so much. I apologize if I'm bothering you with so many questions.

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only web mail systems that are directly supported by Acrobat are Gmail

and Yahoo for anything else, you will need a desktop client installed on

your computer (e.g. Outlook, Thunderbird, Apple Mail, ...).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Karl,

Thank you much for the info, so does this mean there is no way to send PDF docs using JavaScript button from/to Hotmail account.

Kind regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can send emails to a Hotmail account, but not from one - at least not directly. You would need to install a email client with a MAPI interface (which is what Acrobat uses to send email) that supports Hotmail (e.g. Outlook with the Hotmail connector, or Thunderbird or any other application that allows you to send to the Hotmail system).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll attempt to clarify since the issue here seems to be one of semantics more than technology. Email accounts are the combination of a user id and password that let you access an email server using an email client application... which can be a desktop application or browser-based web application (hosted applications).

Acrobat can be used to send documents via JavaScript from any email account to any other email account... even the same email account. The account vendor and the server it's running on don't matter. That's what makes email so wonderful.

Acrobat uses the default email client on the machine to do this. Most desktop clients use the same APIs to allow other applications to generate email messages programmatically. Acrobat also has the ability to use the APIs in a few hosted applications. Acrobat really has no idea what email client you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you asking about sending the email to a Hotmail account, or from it?

In other words, is it the recipient, or the sender (or both)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes sending email (PDF file) to a Hotmail account from the same Hotmail account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forget to mention that I have to send PDF file from myemail@hotmail.com to the same email (myemail@hotmail.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines