• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I keep receiving this error message when trying to open Adobe Acrobat. CoolType.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrat

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2016 Mar 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep receiving this error message when trying to open Adobe Acrobat "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 110.\ [CoolType.dll] [BIB.dll] [AGM.dll]  is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Abode and this did not work. I have ran command prompt to sfc /scannow commands.

I am running Windows 10 Pro x64. I have Adobe Acrobat version 11.0.15 version installed as well.

Thanks for the help!

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2016 Mar 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi randyl40223638 ,

Please try running the cleaner tool "Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs" on your machine to remove all traces of Acrobat .

Turn off Firewall & security Services as well.

Please proceed to delete files/keys from these locations manually.

C:\Program Files\Adobe*

C:\Program Files(X86)\Common Files\Adobe*

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe*

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FlexNet*

C:\Program Data\Adobe*

C:\Program Data\FlexNet*

C:\Users\All Users\Adobe*

Then, restart your machine and install the latest version of Reader from here:Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC, XI, or X

If issue still persist, try to install the in different user account. Refer to this KB article :- Adobe troubleshooting: Using or creating an admin account in Windows 7, 8, Vista 

Let me know if it works.

Regards,

Yatharth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2016 Mar 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all of these step and none of them seem to work because I am still receiving the errors. I am running a Windows 10 machine.

2016-03-10 07_53_44-Spector 360 Deployment.png2016-03-10 07_54_30-Spector 360 Deployment.png2016-03-10 07_54_54-Spector 360 Deployment.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2016 Apr 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Would request you to please install the application on new user account with the admin rights to replicate the issue .

Regards,

Yatharth 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2016 Apr 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this as well and I still received the same error messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2016 Apr 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Would request you to please check with this article for for disabling the services , check with the plugins compatibility options. The link is :- Troubleshoot launch issues with Adobe Creative Suite 6, CS5.5, CS5

Regards,

Yatharth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2016 Aug 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Randy, I'm having the same issue, did you ever get this resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sadly, I don't even remember posting this. I wish I could help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines