• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need a Javascript that will allow me to calculate different tax percentages on a form. an example would be $132.00 total sales with 7.25% tax.

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an adobe variable data .pdf I want to be able to calculate the tax rate or tax percentage. How can I write a Javascript for this?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the rate fixed? If not, where is it coming from? What are the names of the fields involved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The tax rate will be different from county to county.  I have it called tax rate and and total with tax.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So do you have like a drop-down field with the county names?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or do you want the users to enter it themselves?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I enter all the information on this form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you don't need a script, simply multiply the total by the tax rate to get the total tax amount. You can add that value to the total to get the total (incl. tax).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that is what I did originally it did not calculate right. the dollar amount for 132.00 x 7.25% should be tax of 9.57=$141.57 but on form it calculate to $139.25. I tried it several different way and cant get it to calculate right.clancy invoice 3-8-2018 NEWEST a - Copytry this.jpg      

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The value of a percentage field needs to be between 0 and 1 to work correctly. If you're using a value between 0 and 100 you need to divide it by 100 first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I manually enter the tax rate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines