• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need the PDF to be saved into the file folder it was created from.

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We recently upgrated our PCs and when we re-installed Adobe onto them, our default pathways have changed.  Previously when we wrote a PDF, it automatically saved the file into the the folder it was written from.  Now it defaults ALL of the PDFs into the same folder. We were using Windows 7, Chemstation Software,  and Adobe 9.  Now were are using Windows 10 and the Adobe, Chemstation software is the same.  I have downloaded a trial of 2017 Pro and am still having the same issues.  

I know how to change the default save settings to put data into a specific folder,  but having to change the pathway for every piece of data we run will take forever.  Is there a custom tool or something I can add to do this for me?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

In Acrobat, when you open a PDF and save it after making changes, there are two options:

Save - That saves the changes to the same file. It does not give you option to change the location.

Save as - It gives you the option to save files in recent location. The windows shows the recent five location used to save the file. 

As I understand, all the files are automatically saved in one folder every time you try to save them after making changes. It that correct? If yes, would you mind sharing the video of the options you get while saving the PDF.

You have mentioned that you are using the Acrobat 2017 trial version. It seems that you are usign the Acrobat Pro DC trial version as there is no trial available for Acrobat 2017. It would be helpful if you share the video of the steps you do in Acrobat trial version.

As you are using the Adobe (Acrobat or Reader) version 9, would like to inform you that it is an old and unsupported version. Also, it is never tested on Windows 10. You may experience issue with this version.

Let us know if you have any questions or need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

20200225_140440.jpg

20200225_140457.jpg

This is our older system that works fine. We were able to create multiple PDFs at a time. Each PDF was automatically saved into individual files. (Saved into the folder that contained the data we converted).

Now when I perform the same task with the same Chemstation software, a PDF promt comes up and I have to manually assign the save location.

I have also tried setting the default save, but it still saves them all into the same folder. Rather than generating them in the parent file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines