• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want to be able to edit a pdf that I have and its asking for a permission password.....where do I get his permission password from. Secondly does the signing feature apart of acrobat reader pro - or is that a monthly fee add on

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2016 Feb 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to be able to edit a pdf that I have and its asking for a permission password.....where do I get his permission password from.   Secondly does the signing feature apart of acrobat reader pro - or is that a monthly fee add on

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. There is no product called Acrobat Reader Pro. There is Acrobat Reader, which is free. There is Acrobat Pro, which is paid for.

2. The permission password is set by the person or software that creates a PDF, or by someone else later. You need to ask for the password, as they have blocked you from editing, probably deliberately. Acrobat Pro can remove security if the password is known, Acrobat Reader cannot do this.

3. Acrobat Pro can sign. Acrobat Reader can subscribe to a signing service. Acrobat Pro SUBSCRIBERS also get this signing service (a second option), Acrobat PURCHASERS do not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Pro is what I am referring to – on my tiral it wont let me use the signing feature

This information is directed in confidence solely to the person named above and may not otherwise be distributed, copied or disclosed. Therefore, this information should be considered strictly confidential. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately via a return email for further direction. Thank you for your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The trial version of Acrobat Pro is fully functional, but if you want to use EchoSign then you need to pay for it.

However, the information above is not entirely accurate. It is possible to sign a document using the free Reader, even without a subscription. You can use the tools under the Fill & Sign panel to add either a real digital signature or a comment with your initials in it. It's also possible to sign in Reader using a Digital Signature form field that was added to the file in advance in Acrobat. All of these options are free and do not require a subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, forgot that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I click on the sign button but it wont let me do it

This information is directed in confidence solely to the person named above and may not otherwise be distributed, copied or disclosed. Therefore, this information should be considered strictly confidential. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately via a return email for further direction. Thank you for your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want help you have to provide more information. Just saying "it doesn't work" is meaningless... What are the exact results? Is there an error message? If so, what does it say? Does it happen with all files? Just some? etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to talk to someone directly over the phone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're located in the US, this is the number:

Adobe Customer Care: 800-833-6687

Monday-Friday, 5am-7pm PT

However, I don't think there's support for users of the trial version. You have to be a paying customer, and even then you might be charged for it.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2016 Mar 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have adobe acrobat 9 on my account – how is this different from pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe doesn't provide support for version 9 any more. It's too old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it provide the same editing features

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what you're referring to... Acrobat DC Pro? Yes, and much more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to let me know the key differences between the 9 and Pro – I don’t want to have to repurchase the product again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Products: Acrobat Pro,Acrobat Standard. Versions 9, X, XI, DC. Only DC sold today. Features far too many to list

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pro is not a version number, it's a "flavor". There's Acrobat Pro and Acrobat Standard, from various versions.

You can find a comparison table here, but it goes down only to X. As I said, 9 is quite old by now...

Plans and pricing: Compare versions | Adobe Acrobat DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks that helps- As you know I currently using the trial version of pro – anytime I sent an attachment via email it doesn’t go through on my outlook. I noticed this started happening since Ive downloaded pro.

My other questions is -If I purchase pro can I put it more than one of my devices ie home computer , laptop and tablet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Two Windows or two Mac computers only. ‌

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines