I would like to import form data on the server, then download filled form to web app.
1. The PDF file is stored on the server
2. The PDF file has form fillable fields
3. The PDK file is filled using data from SQL DB on the server
4. The PDF file is accessed on server using RESTful API endpoint
1. The user taps a button to download PDF file in a web app
2. API endpoint receives HTTP request to download file
3. API retrieves PDF file from server file system
4. API retreives data to import from SQL DB
5. API imports data into PDF file
6. API responds to HTTP request with PDF file and filled data
7. The user receives PDF file and then opens or saves to local file system
Thanks for your help, mark-g
Acrobat is not for server use. Maybe AEM (Adobe Experience Manager) has endpoints and APIs that do what you need.
You need a PDF Library/API that you can use in a server side program. There are many out there that will do exactly what you want, and in a variety of languages: PHP, Python, .Net, Java, etc.
And yes, AEM has server tools for exactly this purpose, but unless you have deep pockets, I'd just do a google search for PDF libraries, or form filling apps
Thanks for your quick response. I had previewed a few PDF NuGet packages for my .NET Core API, but wanted input from experienced community members in case there was something that Adobe offered.
The official Adobe PDF Library is distributed by DataLogics. It is the best, most complete PDF Library. And they do have some more targeted PDF tools. However, for the purposes of form filling, you can get something much simpler, and cheaper.