• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inherit Zoom

Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2016 Jul 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to setup "Inherit Zoom" to display the destination window at the magnification level the reader uses when the hyperlink is clicked?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 07, 2016 Jul 07, 2016

After you create the link and set the destination, you have to go back and edit the link and will then be able to select "Inherit Zoom" from the Zoom dropdown. It would be nice if you could set this as the default...

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2016 Jul 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you create the link and set the destination, you have to go back and edit the link and will then be able to select "Inherit Zoom" from the Zoom dropdown. It would be nice if you could set this as the default...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2016 Jul 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. It is very helpful.

I still have further questions about this topic. I have a lot of hyperlink in my documents. somebody showed me before that there is a feature in old version of acrobat called Debenu. under it, i can change magnification of all links at once. Do we have the same function in the latest version? I could not find it.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Debenu is a company that produces its own PDF tools and plugins. What you're referring to is probably their "PDF Aerialist" plugin for Acrobat. It's not an integral part of Acrobat, though. You have to purchase and install it separately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh. I see. Thanks for your reply.

Do you know whether acrobat also have the function to Change magnification of all links at one time and also whether this is a table i can check whether all links are inherit zoom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat doesn't have this option by itself. You'll need to use a plugin (like that of Debenu) or a stand-alone tool (like this one I've developed: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Batch Edit Links Zoom Level) to be able to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 30, 2016 Jul 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can add inherit zoom to all the bookmarks at a time. Simply follow the steps.

Select all the bookmarks.

Then right click. Bookmark properties window will be open.

In that click on actions.

You find two windows. Below the second window there is a Edit option. Click on edit option. And change zoom type to inherit zoom. Then click on ok button. And close all the window. U will find inherit zoom to all the bookmarks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not true, right click displays a window, goto bookmarks, print pages, print sections, wrap long bookmarks. When giving answers, make sure you have the correct answers and esearch first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not true, right click displays a window, goto bookmarks, print pages, print sections, wrap long bookmarks. When giving answers, make sure you have the correct answers and esearch first.

By @icanfigure

The answer you comment on is from 2016, i.e. nearly 5 years old. The Acrobat UI changes over time. Before implying the original answerer gave a wrong answer and asking them to esearch first, have you checked the Acrobat UI from that time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Not true, right click displays a window, goto bookmarks, print pages, print sections, wrap long bookmarks. When giving answers, make sure you have the correct answers and esearch first."

The answer is correct. The last entry of the menu is "Properties...".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2016 Jul 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned before, Acrobat only allows you to set the magnification one by one. If you're looking for a free and open source solution to do this automated, have a look at this: https://bitbucket.org/beatngu13/pdfbookmarkwizard​.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're looking for a free and open source solution to do this automated, have a look at this: https://bitbucket.org/beatngu13/pdfbookmarkwizard.

That appears to work only with bookmarks and not link annotations. Is that right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

George_Johnson schrieb:

That appears to work only with bookmarks and not link annotations. Is that right?

My bad, I only read "Inherit Zoom". Sorry for the misapprehension!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines