• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it only possible to make 97 actions for a button in the form editing?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2016 Mar 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a pdf with a lot of form fields and check boxes and need to make a button to cancel all actions, as well as show and hide a lot of formfields that other buttons shows and hides.

I need to make 120 actions of a button and it seems that I can only make 97 actions. Is it really only possible to make 97 actions of a button?

I would also help A LOT if the "Show/hide a field"-action was just as easy to use as the "Reset a form"-action, where you can cross off a lot of actions in one action. In the "Show/hide a field"-action i have to create one action for each field to be shown or hidden.

Thanks in advance for helping.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend you switch to doing it using a script. You will have no such limitations and will be able to do all of these commands under a single item.

Also, maintaining or changing it would be much much easier. The basic script to use to show a field is:

this.getField("FieldName").display = display.visible;

And to hide it:

this.getField("FieldName").display = display.hidden;

Duplicate these lines, adjusting the field name in each one, and place them under a "Run JavaScript" command, and you're done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much. I have never worked with javascript. But i will try what you surgets

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if you use hierarchical field names, you can control a group for fields with a single statement. For example, to hide all fields that begin with "GROUP1." (e.g. GROUP1.name, GROUP1.address), the script would be:

// Hide all of the GROUP1 fields

getField("GROUP1").display = display.hidden;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines