• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to tie a dropdown box into Active Directory?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want a dropdown box to populate with a list of names that comes from our Active Directory list in a certain area, but I'm not sure if it's possible or how advanced that would be to script something like that.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know about an Active Directory, but it is possible to use a script to set the items in a drop-down from an external text file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible you would know how to do so or point me in a right direction? I'm looking around currently. I want to import from a file, but also as i import each name, i want an email to attach to it into the Export Value area of the dropdown box. If that makes sense. It doesn't sound too difficult. But i may be wrong. Thank you for your guidance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Acrobat scripts have very limited access to the outside world. Searching the file system is not possible.

On the other hand, it is possible to use an Action to perform some type of operation on every file in a folder. Maybe this will work for you.

Look at the "Action Wizard". However, your comment about attaching an email to the export of a drop down needs a great deal more explanation. What dropdown where? and what email? where does it come from?

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I know how to do it and have created similar scripts for my clients in the past. If you're interested in hiring someone to do it for you feel free to contact me privately (try6767 at gmail.com) and we could discuss it further.

It is possible to import a name as the display item and the email address as the export value, if the information is all available in the input file (whose location must be known in advance for it to work, or the user has to select it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines