• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to prevent Adobe Acrobat Pro DC from attempting to connect to the internet each time it launches?

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2016 Jul 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am behind a proxy that changes daily, and I usually don't need the internet services.

I don't want to enter my proxy password every day when I open a PDF file.

I don't want it to prompt me for my proxy password unless I explicitly attempt to use an internet service.

[Moved from the general, non-support Forum Lounge to a product-specific support forum - Mod]

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you have the subscription version of Acrobat, I don't think there's any way around it. Why not simply add an exception in your proxy for this application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under LAN Settings -> Proxy Settings, I only see an option to add addresses to the exceptions list.  How can I add an exception for a specific application like Adobe DC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done some additional searching and still can't find a way to bypass the proxy for a specific application in Windows 7. 

Is there a way for me to find out if I have the subscription version of Acrobat DC?  My company purchased a single user license key for me.  If I don't have the subscription version, is there a way to disable the automatic internet connection?

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it's me again.  This proxy issue is still a major headache for me.  I was going to switch to Nitro Pro over this one issue, but Acrobat DC is required to embed videos.  Even if I could specify all the domains accessed by Acrobat Pro DC to be bypassed for my proxy server, it still wouldn't work because my company firewall would block those domains without a proxy.  There really should be a way to use a PDF editor without requiring the internet and prompting users for the proxy password.  Just allow users to disable the prompt if they wish.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way I was able to stop it was going into my Creative Cloud preferences and Unchecking, "launch creative cloud at login"... that helped, if that's the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will still connect to the internet on a regular basis to validate your subscription, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know how often it needs to validate my subscription by checking online?  If it checks it every day, then I'll be back where I started, since my proxy server changes my password every day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I don't know how often. At least once every 30 days, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once every 30 days wouldn't be so bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this suggestion.  However, I don't see the option to uncheck "launch creative cloud at login."  When I go to Acrobat DC -> Edit -> Preferences -> General, there is no mention of creative cloud.  Perhaps I am using a different version than you? Under Help -> About, I see "Continuous Release | Version 2019.021.20058.

I also looked under my online Adobe account settings, and couldn't find anything mentioning Creative Cloud or launching at startup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's in the CC app settings, not in Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all of your help. 

It appears that I don't have the CC app.  I'm going to wait until my proxy password resets tomorrow and see if the problem is still happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Despite all of my efforts to change settings (both in the DC app and online), I still am prompted for a proxy password.  I don't have CC, so this must be something inherent in the Acrobat DC Pro application.  I welcome any other suggestions, but in the meantime, I will plan to use Adobe Reader by default, and only open DC when it becomes necessary to edit a PDF document. This is inconvenient, but less inconveneint than having to enter my password every day just to read a local document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should really consider switching from the subscription version (DC) to the perpetual license version (2017), if this is such a big issue for you. The latter only needs to access the internet once, when you first install and activate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines