Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Java Will Save action

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have created a very long and detailed Form Filler PDF using Adobe Acrobat Standard DC. I have put a lot of time into making some of the fields required and creating a custom submit buttons. that emails the form to our executive who has to sign off on the form before the document can be passed along to start processing the information on the form. Once the Submit (email) button receives a mouse up event the submit to server button appears which is the only way I would like for the form to be "saved". This allows us to make sure that no work order slips past the boss without his approval, long story but necessary.

So now to the question, is there a way to add a Will Save Action -  this.resetForm(); in the current version of Adobe that I have? If the answer is no is there a way I could sign up for a trial version of the Tool or program that I would need so that I can find out if I get my desired result before having to pay for it?

Our office has purchased 8 licenses for Adobe Acrobat Standard DC, so I am not trying to get out of paying for the service I would just like to make sure I can achieve the desired goal before locking into a subscription.

Thank you for your help!

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is possible. Run this code from the JS Console to do it:

this.setAction("WillSave", "this.resetForm();");

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do I get to the JS Console?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ctrl+J.

And I agree with TSN, this is not a good idea...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worth noting that you may really upset people who need to save half-done work e.g. to take a phone call or break, or reboot a problem computer, and who find that you destroy their half done work. We see this all the time, it reduces some users to helpless frustration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duly noted, I do agree the learning curve of the process will probably produce some curse words. However, in order to mandate the required fields being filled out and executive approval received before production begins. This was the most passive-aggressive form of micromanaging I could come up with.

so at what screen do I have to hit Ctrl+J? Do I need to have a specific tool to do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just the main screen. No special tools required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

apparently, that only works if use single-key accelerators to access tools checkbox is marked in General preferences. That was fun to find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That should not be the case...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines