• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Javascript, Help with Saving Files

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this weird issue saving documents.  I have about 50 .rtf documents that I need to convert, now If I open them in Adobe they will be automatically converted to .pdf, but whenever I use my javascript line to save them to my folder, they are saved as As34d1.tmp.pdf, I'm confused as to why it's doing that, I want to save the .rtf document I opened and converted as the same filename? Please assist, code below

this.saveAs({cPath: "/fileserver01/itshare/EDM/rtf/work/"+this.documentFileName+".pdf"});

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Comments is to ask about the operation of the Forum, not a specific program]

[Moved from the Comments forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you doing it as a part of an Action? If so, the files are temporary files until they are closed by the Action, so they don't have a "normal" file path at the moment you're running your script. If that's the case you will have to do it in two parts, I'm afraid.

First run an Action to convert the files to PDFs, and then another one to process those PDF files and save them in the desired location.

Alternatively, you can try editing the settings of the first Action and change the output folder to the one where you want the files to end up, and that might work on its own...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines