• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Javascript \n character ignored in outlook mobile

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The submit button in my Acrobat form composes an email that just lists the form fields on seperate lines. The email looks just fine everywhere except for Outlook mobile. When I send emails that have manually typed new lines, it looks fine, but when the email is composed from my javascript code, it's all on one line on Outlook 365 (android). Can someone please help with this?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like something to ask the Outlook mobile app developers (ie. Microsoft)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought so too, but I'm only experiencing the issue with my javascript in Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Email clients are wildly different from each other, and not standardised. So this is the sort of thing that is likely to happen. Have you tried sending multiline text only (not HTML mail) to this client to see if it's the normal thing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also try using "\r" or "\r\n", just in case...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've tried 'em all...\r, \t, \r\n, \t\n, the list of alternatives is pretty long and each one got the same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines