• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

javascript

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help with writing a javascript code for a series of dropdown lists in a fillable PDF document. I want the first dropdown list to determine the options available in the second and third dropdown list. For example, if someone selects 1.1 from the list of available options, they can only select 11 from the second dropdown list and 0010 from the third dropdown list. Another example would be that if the user selects 1.2 from the first dropdown list, they could only select 12, 15, or 16 from the second dropdown list and from a series of options (0020, 0040, 0050, etc.) from the third dropdown list. Can anyone help me with creating these relationships?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link must have been broken at some point. Looking for this article. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've developed a (paid-for) tool that will allow you to set up such "cascading" drop-downs very easily, based on a spreadsheet that contains all possible combinations. You can find it here: http://try67.blogspot.com/2014/11/acrobat-create-cascading-dropdowns.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's an article on the topic:

https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/js_list_combo_livecycle/

And loads more info on a membership site:

https://www.pdfscripting.com/public/List-Field-Usage-and-Handling.cfm

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines