• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Knowledge source failed. <Gather Form Data> [1]

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2016 Jun 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this error when trying to create a PDF Form from a Word document: "Knowledge source failed.  <Gather Form Data> [1]". I've created several other forms in the exact same way, but for some reason Acrobat doesn't like the Word source file this time. I can't figure out why. And this same question has been asked before in forums and it has never been answered. Help.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found this error occurs for several possible reasons, most recently for page break "irregularities" that work fine in Word but not in Acrobat. If Acrobat converts one or more pages and stops converting at the end of a page, displaying the message "Knowledge source failed," check the page break. Ensure that the paragraph mark before the page break is Normal style. I found that a page break or section break with a style other than Normal can cause Acrobat form conversion to fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While user dwhit's reply is detailed and offers the correct "fix", my guess is that you and those landing on this page in the future, are looking for a less technical work around. 

When I've run into this error, simply printing my document to PDF with a new docname allows me to create a fillable form with the new file. It also has the added benefit of cleaning up my edited scan to a flattened, and smaller file size, document. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing! thank you so much, very quick, easy fix 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can print but how do you change the document name?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Quick solution. Thanks so much 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Thanks for reporting the issue.

We need some more info regarding the issue :

1. OS installed (WIN or MAC) with version
  2. MS Office installed (version 13/16/19/365 and subscription)
  3. Acrobat version (DC/2015/2017/2020)
  4. Is the same error observed when tried to save the .doc/.docx file as PDF from MS Word directly

We'll get back on the same.

Regards,

Swapnil Srivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Thank you for the information on this problem. I am getting the same error. I am useing a MAC. Thank you for your help on this 3000D473-99D1-4A67-A6EE-9A67DEA17199.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you,  it is an PDF document. I am running Adobe DC Mac software is Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines