• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Library or Script to read Adobe FDF form as PDF

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could convert PDF and extract data but for Form based Adobe PDF called as FDF my library which is used to extract data from PDf couldnt detect FDF and thus couldnt extract the data.

I got information that FDF can be converted to XML, is there any script which can detect and extract the FDF into xml.

Need immediate help

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fdf file contains values and names of form fields. What want you extract?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the FDF is a Form based file, i want to detect both form field and values in a form as identified and selected as per the type and so continuing this exercise over a script over and over again without anything manual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FDF is a very simple format, and easy to parse. It’s format is described in a the PDF Reference. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you help how it will be done over script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wrote "FDF is a very simple format, and easy to parse. It’s format is described in a the PDF Reference. "

You wrote "Can you help how it will be done over script."

You are missing my point. You need to study the PDF Reference (to learn the format of FDF). Study sample FDFs. Write code to read the FDF, to parse it, and get the data you need. There is no existing code for you to copy.

What scripting language are you using? In your first post you mentioned a library - which library?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your description is not very clear, but if you're trying to create a PDF from the FDF file, that's not possible. The FDF file contains a very limited set of data, namely just the form (and possibly comment) data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines