Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Looking for direction on a project - PDF Form to export with descriptions

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking to create a PDF form. This form would contain drop down lists to select from various items. Then I would like to export this form into a new document that contains a detailed description for each of my drop down selections from that form.

For example;

if I select:

Line 1 (color) drop down  select "Red"

Line 2 (material) drop down select "Plywood",

Can I "export" this form and the new document read:

Color: Red; Corvette red with PPG durablast vibrant color.

Material: Plywood; OBS brand plywood with 800 dpi

I am looking to have a form that has selections with limtied details, but then export it to a file that pulls a full descrption of my selections, including say a price for said selection.

Is this possbile? If so, where can I start? Look for informationon how to make this type of document?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can apply those longer descriptions as the export values of the items in the drop-down, and the display values will be the shorter ones. What will be exported are the export values, and what the user will see are the display values.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines