Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Losing ALL working javascript when moving to AdobeEsignWidget HELP

Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2019 Jun 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

Reviewing my scripts (thanks for the community help in building some complicated ones) in Preview

They are all running and functioning PERFECTLY

I create a PDF

Turn it into an AdobeEsignWidget

Go to the public facing URL and

Sad panda = no script functionality

All the scripts are stripped away/not there

Examples:

I have the date set to be

dd/mm/yyyy and in the URL it is mm/dd/yy

I have a script which makes subsequent fields required if the first field contains a value

In Preview it works perfectly = every field becomes RED and required

On the web = nada

Is there a certain way I should be going from Acrobat Pro DC to EsignWidget when there are javascripts?

Any insight would be GREATLY appreciated!

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to create a form for Adobe Sign, you need to work within its strict limitations, since it is not a full client side JavaScript implementation. The best way to create the form is to start with Prepare Form and select "This form requires signatures". This obscure phrase actually means "I am creating an Adobe Sign form", and it locks out in the UI a lot of things that cannot apply. One of them seems to be JavaScript.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Acrobat JavaScript does not translate into Adobe Sign widgets. However, you can use Adobe Sign tags which is a set of field naming conventions within Acrobat that will be interpreted by Sign to perform calculations, field formatting, validation, and even conditionals. You just won't be able to test your form in Acrobat.

Adobe Sign Text Tag Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines