• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

measure tool keeps rounding scale

Participant ,
Feb 23, 2019 Feb 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I set the scale ratio, it doesn't measure using what I entered, it rounds up. For instance, I enter .125 inches but it rounds to .13. It also happens when I enter other inch ratios too. The measuring is then just an estimate measurement not true to the scale. I'm trying to measure in feet. How do I stop that rounding from happening? Rounding throws measuring and dimensions off, I would like to measure using the scale I enter not the rounded dimension. Would someone know how to do it? Thanks.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2019 Feb 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of Javascript code do you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 24, 2019 Feb 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Bernd, thanks for responding. What I'm referring to is the Measuring Tool where you can change the scale ratio. I don't use a javascript for this, it's the window setting itself. It rounds automatically by itself and it usually rounds upward. It kinda defeats setting a dimension selection. If I want to enter a dimension it should accept it, not round it up. It's very important to get an accurate measurement. How can that be called a measuring tool? If using this tool in the building trade on a set of plans it could throw the take off out of line. Is there a way to stop that from happening? I don't think so. I'm using Acrobat X Pro and Reader DC. It does the same rounding whichever one I use. Check your Measuring Tool in your own Acrobat app. You'll see what I mean. Enter a few different ratios in the window, for example, .125 or .378 and so on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot believe that this is still a concern, after all this time. If you round a scale, the scale doesn't work! Why has no one fixed this? How is it remotely acceptable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe nobody reported it. However, the original post seemed to mix up rounding and estimating. All numeric work is rounded off to some limit. Perhaps 0.001 inches is considered a reasonable point to round off when measuring in feet: you can't accurately measure 1 in 10,000 on a monitor which has less pixels than that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines