• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple Drop-down Menus populating based on previous selection

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a form that I'm trying to create a form that can used for survey work.  I need to be able to select the Feature, then have the Type populated based on the Feature.  Then be able to select the Type and have the Material list populate based on the Type.  I can't get the test code to work and don't know why.  Any help?Link to Test File 

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a public file link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called this kind of operation a "cascading drop-downs set", and it can be done using a custom-made script, although it's not a trivial task.

If you're interested I've developed a (paid-for) tool that allows you to set it up very easily. All you need to have is a spreadsheet with all possible combinations and then you run the script on it and it generates the scripts under each one of the drop-downs to populate the next one(s) in the set. You can find it here: http://try67.blogspot.com/2014/11/acrobat-create-cascading-dropdowns.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Look at the Javascript console for errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines