• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help with javascript to save as filename from form fields with folder level script

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

I am trying to create a folder level script that will save the file as a specific filename based on the form field data of 2 form fields. I understand that it needs to be a folder level script for proper permissions, but I can't seem to get anything to work. I have searched around a lot and have seen too many lines of code. If anyone can help me from scratch, I feel it would be better to start fresh.

The file name should look like this: current folder/W.O. "text1" "text2" "text3".pdf

Text 1 is a number only field, text 2 is a general text field and text 3 is a date field (ideally this would change the long date to a short date such as Sept 3, 2018 rather than September 3, 2018.

Need help with this script, installing the scrip in acrobat XI program java script folder and creating a button on the toolbar in acrobat XI to launch the code.

I have something similar setup in word 2010, but this seems to be much more difficult to implement in acrobat.

All help is appreciated greatly.

Thanks

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We’d rarher help you fix your code than write it for you. please give us your best shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines