• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to know how to open hyperlink in a new window within a browswer

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the title states, I need to know how to force a hyperlink to open in a new window within a browser.

Our users will be viewing an online PDF training manual that has hyperlinks to YouTube videos. We need one of two things to happen and either solution will be a win for us at this point

1)

How do you make it so these links open in a new window/tab within a browser?

2)

How do you get the users to be placed back at the place in the PDF where they clicked the link? As of now, the links open in the same window. When the user goes back, they are left at the very top of the PDF again.

All help is very much appreciated!

Thanks

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way is by using this JavaScript code:

app.launchURL("http://www.adobe.com", true);

However, it will only work when used with Adobe software, and might not work with all browsers...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that. It does not work within any of the browsers I tested: Chrome, Edge, Opera, Safari, etc. I hope someone has a solution for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the Internet Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's no other way of doing it that I'm aware of. If that one doesn't work for you (most likely because these browsers use their own PDF plugins, not Adobe's), you're out of luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines