• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need User to Only Check Yes or No Check Box

Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a row of "Yes" checkboxes numbered 1 through 58 and a row of " No" checkboxes 59 through 116; they currently have a 2 Text Boxs at the end with a JS in each column to calculate the total of all yes and all no. I realized you could check both yes and no boxes for each question asked. How do I set up the form to check yes or no and keep the JS to calculate each column?

TOPICS
Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

You may need to make these checkboxes mutually exclusive, that is, assign the same field name for each pair of checkboxes (yes and no  checkboxes) but assign a different export value to each one.

For example, if I understood your intended workflow correctly, let's say that  you have ten boxes ( 1 through 10 ).

I would create 10 pairs of radio buttons instead of checkbox objects which will avoid users checking both yes and no simultaneously.

Each pair would be named: rb.1, rb.2, rb.3, etc

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may need to make these checkboxes mutually exclusive, that is, assign the same field name for each pair of checkboxes (yes and no  checkboxes) but assign a different export value to each one.

For example, if I understood your intended workflow correctly, let's say that  you have ten boxes ( 1 through 10 ).

I would create 10 pairs of radio buttons instead of checkbox objects which will avoid users checking both yes and no simultaneously.

Each pair would be named: rb.1, rb.2, rb.3, etc.

Since radio buttons objects are intended to be used in pairs, rb.1 group will consist oftwo radio buttons with the same name.

To make them mutually exclusive one radio button must have "yes" as the export value and the other one "no".

This way, when  the user ticks rb.1  under the column of "yes" radio buttons, the rb.1 checkbox with export value of "no" will not be checked.

Is this what you are inquiring about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines