• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Official Request: Option to disable OCR

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2016 Jun 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As is stated above, this topic is a submission for a feature change. I request that OCR have the option to be disabled. It's pretty straightforward what I am asking here, the purpose is to address those who do not benefit from said feature, but it is currently always on.

Feature settings are hidden within the feature instead of in the preferences window, I also request that all settings for tools, also be located in the preferences window.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 17, 2016 Jun 17, 2016

Hi,

This is one of the core features of Acrobat however you can visit this link to request a feature here - Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Thank You!

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is one of the core features of Acrobat however you can visit this link to request a feature here - Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Thank You!

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems odd to me that a core function would alter the original text I had inputted, that defeats its purpose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A reasonable suggestion, please do post it in the right place. Putting it in the normal forum with "Official Request" in the subject won't make it an official request! Bureaucracies like their procedures.

Be sure to include more and specific reasons why this is bad for you. It's hard for developers who've spend their time creating and promoting a new feature for months to see anything but the positive side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like Shivam's answer best. Very constructive, thank you for posting the link to feature suggestions and requests. A link I would not be able to find even through a google search. Now that's called servicing!

Oh and Test Screen Name: if this is the wrong forum, at least suggest where to post, otherwise be helpful. Adobe is not a bureaucracies, it's a business in which I have high respect for as they have created amazing Programs. Which is why I post here, because I wanted to request for something, but couldn't locate feature requests. I know how procedure works for software companies.

And as for reasons: OCR mishandles text added and then edited. Overall functionality or OCR is not pleasing, nor practical in a controlled workflow. In a simple comparison: I know how to spell and form paragraphs and sentences; therefore, I do not require spell check to check my work. The same way, I do not need OCR to recognize text I just typed, even worse is it manages to mis-recognize the text I just added through "Add Text". Utterly, useless until OCR can shut off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if you feel I've wasted your time. I would have posted a link, but the previous reply had already done so. Posting two links could waste your time because you might wish to compare them.  I emphasised this point because your reply did not make it clear whether you intended to do repost, or whether you assumed that hearing from Adobe staff meant you had done all you needed for feature requests. Any organisation the size of Adobe is a bureaucracy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, do not know if I am now here in the right forum?
I would like to disable the annoying Scan + OCR function. This bothers me in my work, while I work forms. I currently have the latest Acrobat Pro DC.

Greetings Andreas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can disable it in the preferences of Acrobat.

Bild1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines