• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening PDF through custom program prevents open in Windows Explorer

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a custom program written in C#/.NET that opens PDFs simply using System.Diagnostics.Process.Start().

For one user if they open a PDF through this custom program, they then are unable to open PDFs in Windows Explorer.

If they attempt to open a PDF in Explorer it takes a minute and then they get a Fatal Error: "Acrobat failed to connect to a DDE server.".

They can continue opening PDFs using the custom program, they just can't open using Windows Explorer.

If they close the last of the PDFs opened up by the custom program, then they can start to open PDFs using Explorer.

I've tried disabling the anti-virus program, reinstalled Adobe, looked for competing Adobe programs on the computer etc.

I've also tried adjusting the code so it passes the PDF file as an argument to the Acrobat.exe.

The user is on version Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2015.006.30418

Has anyone had this issue before? We've used this software for years with no trouble.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?