• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

pageHandling fit to page size

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a print button to automatically print a document with mixed pages sizes.

The printer has both Letter and Legal size paper available in different trays.

How can use javascript to fit a page that is 7" x 12" to Legal size paper but a page that is 6 1/2" x 8" to Letter size paper?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

A script can't choose the paper size to print to, unless you have different printers for each size, and then you could specify the printer name in each print command. What you're describing will require a much more complicated script, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use this code:

var pp = this.getPrintParams();
pp.pageHandling = pp.constants.handling.fit;
this.print(pp);

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, this fits only to the paper in tray 1 of the printer (which is Letter).

I need to fit page by page to the next larger size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean that you want to select the printer based on the page size? If so, try this:

var pp = this.getPrintParams();
fv = pp.constants.flagValues;
pp.flags = pp.flags | fv.setPageSize;
this.print(pp);

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand the API reference correctly, the setPageSize flag tells Acrobat to select the paper based on the page size. That's not exactly what I need to do.

I need to go page by page and choose what to do based on the actual size in the pdf file...

So page 1 is 8 1/2" x 11" setPageSize flag and print it to Letter.

Page 2 is 6 1/2" x 8" use PageHandling.fit to scale it to Letter.

Page 3 is 8 1/2" x 14" setPageSize flag and print it to Legal.

Page 4 is 10" x 16" - ??? I want this to fit to Legal but I don't know how. If I use PageHandling.fit it scales to Letter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A script can't choose the paper size to print to, unless you have different printers for each size, and then you could specify the printer name in each print command. What you're describing will require a much more complicated script, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your help.

But it would seem that a good addition to the Javascript api for Acrobat would be a way to specify the pag size that handling.fit resizes to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, but it's not up to me... You can suggest it to Adobe here: https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, different question - in the print dialog you can set a custom scale for printing.

Is there a javascript equivalent for that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Only if you print using the Tile option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines