Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Export AS FDF Javascript

Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I need to export my pdf as fdf and save it server. I have script that is working, but it's not working in adobe acrobat reader. Can someone please help me know I can export in Reader. 

var fields = [];
var Arrays =[];

app.alert("Started")
for (var i = 0; i <= this.numFields - 1; i++)
{
fields.push(this.getNthFieldName(i));
Arrays = fields.sort( function(a,b)
{return a - b; } );
}

//Don't change JavaScript, expecet Domain name, otherwise It will not work
var aSubmitFields = fields ;
var cFDF = this.exportAsFDF({
aFields:aSubmitFields,
//cPath: "JHHJH.fdf",
//bAnnotations:true,
});

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is as expected and documented. There are many things Reader cannot do. See the "quick bar" for exportAsFDF in the JavaScript Reference. But of course Reader can SUBMIT (not save) to a server running CGI/PHP/ASP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any work around, As of now, I have images on the PDF and I was exporitng it as FDF as save it. Now, I can not use export funtion in Reader, Is there any way we can achive this.

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can submit the form data as an FDF file (which is attached to an email that the user can save), or export it as a string (which can be displayed to the user for saving manually), but you can't generate an FDF file directly in Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. Savving in email is not option for me, I have tried to read all the field and Image field with Images, After convert it all the field, I'm calliging web Service, I can get all the fileds but not Images. I'm getting Images but Not able to convert to Images, it converts as text values

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if  I submit the fdf Directly to my Web Service, I'm not able to connect to the web service if Images size is more than 600 kb... if its' less than that It can connect. it's been a while a I'm looking for workaround but not able to find it. 

Could you please guide me what would be the best approch. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Depends on time, technical and budget contraints. Adobe's preferred solution of course is that you license Acrobat for each end user. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines