• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Form Submit Response Trust Issue

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2016 Jun 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I have been working with the Form Submit posting via HTTP and for the most part have it working. 

The PDF is getting the dreaded Yellow Bar "Some features have been disabled...".  I am sure it is in the FDF Response as the server performs the actions on the submitted form before I get this message.  I am also fairly confident my FDF response is valid as once I trust the document it works as expected.  The issue I have is that because of the information being sent, I can't really go through the process of having the user submit the form, trust it, and then have to go back and submit it again.

Ideally I don't want this to display in the first place.  I understand it is a security feature but I have no need to actually update the document.  I just need to do the minimal amount for Adobe to understand that the form was submitted successfully.  By example below just sends a status, but I can even do without that if needed.

Is there something I can do in the FDF response that would not trigger the security trust warning, but allow Adobe to think the form was successful?

If there isn't a way to do that, is there a few (easy) steps I can instruct the user to change in their settings before they submit the document to keep this warning from appearing in the first place?

I have tried this on Secure(https) and unsecure(http) protocols with the same result.

As a reference here is my FDF response.

%FDF-1.2

1 0 obj

<<

/FDF << /Status (sucess) >> >>

endobj

trailer

<<

/Root 1 0 R

>>

%%EOF

Thank You in Advance..

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2016 Jun 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This old question has some tips: Security Add/Block Bar Blocks FDF Status Return Message

The easiest way to get rid of this message, without potentially jeapordizing  security is to serve both the PDF file and the FDF response from the same web server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2016 Jun 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I actually had seen that other link, and the one piece that sounded like it may help is no longer there.

The PDF is a local file that submits up to a web site and returns with the response.  It is the response that is giving me the security warning.

When I "trust" the document everything works fine, and based on a few other things that may be the only thing I can do.

I have tried to add an https host but that does not appear to be working as I still get the warning.  Is there something else I might be missing from this end

Capture.JPG

Thanks again..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines