• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Forms

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have fields on a form where I only want numbers entered into the Clock Hours or CEUs field but not both.  How do I make this happen in pdf forms?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have fields on a form where I only want numbers entered into the Clock Hours or CEUs field but not both.  How do I make this happen in pdf forms?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are "CEUs"? What do you mean by "Clock Hours", exactly? Please be more specific.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work in an education department and our teachers need to complete a certain number of CEUs/Clock hours for recertification.

Clock Hours and CEU (Continuing Education Units) are how some educational organization document what is learned and issue non-academic credit for completing workshops, sememinars, non-academic courses, etc.

10 Clock Hours = 1 CEU

I have created a PDF form for our teachers to list their educational activities (workshops, seminars, non-academic courses, webinars, etc.).  They must list the date of the activity, title, and either the number of CEUs completed or the number of Clock Hours completed for each activity.

They cannot list both CEUs and Clock Hours for he same activity.  How can I make this possible in the form?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if I'm understanding you correctly you have two text fields and you want that filling one of them will reset the other one, is that correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. The problem I am having is teachers entering numbers for the same activity in both the Clock hours and CEU fields although the directions says don't do that.  I need a way to only allow them to enter a number in one field for the same activity.

The form basically lookcs like this...

Date           Activity          Clock Hours     CEU

___           _________         ____               ___

___           _________         ____               ___

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Let's say the fields are called CEU1 and ClockHours1. You can use the following code as the custom validation scripts of both fields, respectively:

if (event.value) this.getField("ClockHours1").value = "";

And:

if (event.value) this.getField("CEU1").value = "";

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind elaborating a little more about what you're trying to achieve?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines