• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF version

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I extract the PDF version of a PDF file using Visual Basic code?

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read bytes 6 to 8 of the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I read bytes 6 to 8 of the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using whatever you’d normally use in VB. This is outside the abilities of the SDK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So are you REALLY telling me the SDK does not have a built-in function to return the PDF version number? This surprises me!

I guess the answer would be to load the PDF into a text stream and read the version from the 6th to 8th byte?

thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm telling you that. The VB functions are VERY limited, but plug-ins written in C++ can do a lot more.

Take a look at the first line of a PDF in a text editor to see what I mean about version number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Of course, you should know that the version in the header is NOT necessary the actual version. There is also a way for updating the version using the /Version key in the document catalog dictionary. That cannot be determined as easily (except via a plugin or library).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines