• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Percentage Calculations

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  I'm trying to have two fields in Acrobat automatically calculate based off two other fields filled in by the employee for our employee bill back form.

The employee will fill in the field Total Hours and the field AmountHr (amount per hour).  I then need the field named Bill Back Monies NMI to calculate what 25% of Total Hours*Amount/Hr is, and another field called Total Bill Back Monies Emp to calculate what 75% is.  I know this sounds simple, but I've never written formulas/script in Acrobat.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are Total Hours and AmountHr formatted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Total Hours is formatted as a number with 2 decimal places and Amount/HR is formatted the same way, but shows the $ sign.  I need the field Bill Back Monies NMI to perform this calculation (Total Hours*Amount/Hr)*0.25 and the field Bill Back Monies Emp to perform this calculation (Total Hours*Amount/Hr)*0.75.  And both Bill Back Monies fields need to be formated the same as the Amount/Hr field.  Does this make sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You described solution for your problem 🙂

Like Bernd said use Simplified field notation in calculation fields, if you have field names with spaces use \ instead of space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the simplified notation.
E.g. Total\ Hours * AMOUNTHR * 0.25

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.  That worked.  I was trying to use the last option and kept getting errors.  And the 2nd option with the presets wouldn't let me select fields unless it was all of them.  I appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines