• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Play YouTube/Web Video in PDF

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a workaround to play a web/youtube video inside a pdf? it should'nt be embedded (size) and do not open in browser.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

No. To read media, it must be embedded in the PDF or it must be read in a web browser. There are no other solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. You can play a video on a media server but not a full service media site like YouTube. However this only works in Adobe products, and not at all on mobile. I recommend anandoning all idea of multimedia PDF, its day has passed, killed by the success of PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are absolutely correct.  Multimedia PDFs are history.  In Acrobat 9 Pro Extended I used to make incredible multimedia PDFs with both embedded videos and inserted YouTube links.  TODAY I tried both ways.  YouTube links are not accepted via the Rich Media - Video tool.  I embedded a MP4 video and only got audio but no video.   How tragic that great features are history.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. To read media, it must be embedded in the PDF or it must be read in a web browser. There are no other solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I opened a PDF with embedded MP4 video in FireFox and Chrome, the video would not play at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Report the issue to the developers of the PDF plugins in both those browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines